When I was younger, going to the Feast of the Hunter's Moon was an event with all of the extended family. My Aunt came in from out of town and we all got up early so that we could witness all of the festivities of the day.
Dan had been to the feast once, but couldn't really recall much of his visit.
We spontaneously visited this year. Dan and I had a very late grown-up night out the night before and the boys were down at my Aunt and Uncles. We woke up mid-morning and I called my Aunt to check on them and she informed me that the Feast was going on so there should be no worries of football traffic.
We picked up Bradley and left Jaxson to take a nap and off to the Feast we went. I always loved seeing the boats at the boat ramp and we arrived just in time to see the boat races. Bradley thought they were pretty neat. On the way we stopped to get fry bread and it was yummy!
Bradley had the best view!
After the boat races it was off to eat even more food! We ate buffalo burgers, corn on the cob, apple dumplings, corn chowder, pumpkin pie, apple cider, french onion soup, sausage on a stick (not sure it was very authentic) and yes even more.
We watched the kids throw tomahawks and sat and listened to lots of fife and drum music. (Bradley liked the sounds that these instruments made.) There was also a stop at the kids bead tent.
Then it was back to Uncle Doug and Aunt Debs to pick up Jax and look for "treasures" (that is what Bradley calls the vegetables) in the garden. I think we dug up the biggest sweet potato I have ever saw, Bradley could barely hold it!
Yes it is ONE sweet potato!
No comments:
Post a Comment