Friday, June 22, 2012

Curious George Goes to Columbian Park

         Currently one of Dan's off days falls on Fridays, so today we decided to take the boys to Columbian Park in Lafayette, before running all of our normal monotonous biweekly errands.
            Columbian Park is not at all the Park that I remember from my childhood; there is no Monkey Island, no Paddle boats, no hot metal slide that I was too much of "scardy" cat to go down, and there are fewer rides. However, the playground has different areas for different ages and many more slide options, but only three rides plus a train.
         Today, Bradley decided early this morning that he was going to take Curious George to the Park with him. He started reading Curious George books with his Papa Felix when he was very young and has really developed a passion for reading the books. This is amazing because some of them are very long, Jaxson can barely sit through a three page Elmo board book and Bradley can sit through two plus George Books.  
       While I was in the hospital pregnant with Jaxson, having a valvuplasty and Dan was overwhelmed all that was in front of him, my mom "Grama  T" took Bradley to the Riley Hospital Gift Shop and bought him a Curious George. So then he could sit in the waiting room with his George and watch his Curious George DVDs on the laptop while I was in surgery and recovery. So Bradley's George is kind of special to all of us.
FYI... because thus far I feel like I only blog about Bradley, Jaxson does not have any favorite stuffed animals yet. He does however have a blanket that he calls "baby" that goes pretty much everywhere with him and solves all of his problems.
So Bradley loaded George in the van today and carried him through the park, it was very cute. Below are some pictures of Curious George's Trip to Columbian Park.



The boys and George disguised as lemurs.

At first George has his own swing and Dan had to push Bradley and George until another little girl came over and George had to give up his swing. I didn't get to take pictures, but George also went down most of the slides, even the ones Bradley wouldn't go down. He also had to have half of the bench on the train, although Bradley thought the monkey needed a carseat or would that be a trainseat?



Both boys went in to pet the goats, Jaxson even tried to pet some goat doodoo too!
I was just another wonderful day in paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment