Friday, August 10, 2012

The Newest Member of Our Family...

Since I long to have another child and my cardiologists have decided it is not in my best interest to do so, maybe a puppy will halp fill this void inside of me. Maybe a puppy will help me remember how busy a little baby keeps me.
Some of our friends had some lab puppies that they were looking for homes for and we went to visit them and I fell in love with them.
My dog, Dakota, that I found when I was 18 is in poor health. We found out that she had cancer back in March and is still in great spriits, but does not get around so well these days. She is the best dog and has been so incredibly loyal and protective to me throughout her years.


So I was hoping that we could get a puppy and Dakota could "condition" him and teach him how to be just as loyal and protective. I am not so sure this is going to work, but just maybe he will watch and learn.


Isn't he cute? After discussions about names and Bradley claiming that all of Dan's suggestions were horrible, we came to the conclusion that his name would be Truck.


So far he is a great dog and seems to love the kids, now all we need to do is get him housebroke !

No comments:

Post a Comment