Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Eve Snow Fun

On the last day of 2012, I reminisced with Dan about past New Year's Eves, particularly our first New Year's Eve together as we rang in 2004. It was the last big party he and his roommates had in their Mill Creek apartment. Brad Hillis was there partying with the rest of us. Mark brought cases of Verde Spumanti Champagne, which we later decided to use as our wedding toast champagne. Dan had worked second shift and arrived home around 10pm after I had already done some partying with everyone else. Everyone was there, a lot of people that I hadn't met yet, but have become some of my closest friends, it was a fun NYE!
Now to ringing in 2013, Dan came home from work and it was a much different scene. It was only three o'clock and it had snowed most of the day and the boys were really wanting to go outside and play. So I bundled them up and we went outside to play. There were no cases of champagne waiting, just two little boys.
 
 
Jaxson picked up a chunk of snow and looked at me and said, "Cookie!" So he decided to eat it.
 
 
Snow Angel Bradley

 
Snow Angel Mommy
 
 
Bradley really wanted to make a snowman, but the snow just was not packing well enough.
 
 
After playing in the snow, we went to pick up a pizza. The kids were in bed bed by nine and Dan was asleep by ten since he had woke up at four in the morning to go to work. I stayed up and watched the countdown and worked on a project I had started. My oh my how our lifestyles have changed in the last nine years, but I wouldn't want it to be any other way.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment