Sunday, February 24, 2013

Gwama's Hauwse... Excursions (Part 3 of 3)

While at Grama's Hauwse we visited the New Orleans Audubon Zoo. We have been to this zoo one other time. It is probably the nicest zoo that I have ever been to and it is very large and beautifully landscaped.
 
 
 
Jax was kind of in love with the elephants. Yes, he is kissing it!



Why do the kids never want to sit in the wagon? But the parents always take it. If I wasn't over the weight limit, I would ride in it!
 




 
I think he might have had a headache...


 
 

 
Dan took a majority of the pictures at the zoo, sometimes I think he might have a future as an animal photographer.


 
I think we wore Grama out!

 
This was one well fed gator.

 
Don't worry it isn't real!

 

 
There was the endangered species carousel. Wow was I shocked when I got a little nauseated on the carousel and had to pass my chaperoning job off to Dan. I used to be crazy skydiving roller coaster riding lady, really have I lost that attribute? I can't even ride a merry-go-round anymore.
 
 
 
On one of the nights while we were in NOLA, Dan and I left the kids with Mom and Clayton and went downtown to the French Quarter.
We stayed at the Hotel Montelone, which was wonderful. It was about a block from Bourbon Street. We had dinner at Emeril's NOLA Restaurant, which was not that fabulous. We are thinking we will try Mr. B's Bistro next time. We walked around, sat in a few bars, had some drinks, listened to some music, and ran into a guy that Dan used to work with. It was pouring rain so we went back to our hotel and sat at the coolest bar I have ever sat at, The Carousel Bar. This one did not nauseate me. Watching it from away, it barely looked like it was moving. Then sitting on it, you can definitely feel it moving. Dan determined it took seventeen and half minutes to make a full rotation, I cannot remember how many times we went around, but it was definitely a neat experience and a great night.
 
After our night away, we went back to Mom's and picked up the boys to take them on a Swamp Tour to see if we could spot a few alligators. (We spotted snake too, ewww!)
 



 
 
Jax was busy looking for gators most of the time, but he did get a little antsy towards the end of the two hour tour.
The tour guide also had a three year old gator that he let everyone have an opportunity to hold. Bradley had confirm a few times that is mouth was taped shut.
 


 
Jax really wanted to touch his eyes...

 
We also tried to visit a local park that was on the shore of Lake Ponchatrain, but it was a little cool outside and the park was still very damaged from Hurricane Isaac.
 
 
 
 
 
I think that is all of the major events from this trip to Gwama's Hauwse.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment