The fair started on Monday and I was wiped out by Thursday, but I had to make it through Saturday.
Dan and I are in charge of the commercial building and coordinating the commercial exhibitors. Dan is also the fair board, so we spend a lot of time at the fairgrounds.
Monday was pretty calm, we went to see their cousin Delaney in the Little Miss contest and then everyone went on rides.
Dan and I are in charge of the commercial building and coordinating the commercial exhibitors. Dan is also the fair board, so we spend a lot of time at the fairgrounds.
Monday was pretty calm, we went to see their cousin Delaney in the Little Miss contest and then everyone went on rides.
Tuesday was great fun! The boys went to stay the night at Papa and Nana's House. It was concert night at the fair, Easton Corbin and Thompson Square were in town. My friends Amanda, Mary, Monica, Kristen, JR, my cousin Darcy and her friend Kandis all met before and went to the concert together. We had a blast, it was a very late night.
Wednesday, we went to the rodeo, but Jaxson was bored so we didn't stay long. Then it was off to ride rides again.
Thursday, the boys and I got down to the fair grounds and they were setting up for the kiddie pedal tractor pull. Bradley asked what the stuff was and I explained how it worked, not thinking he would have any interest in participating in it, he is not very audacious when it comes this type of thing. I was shocked when he saw the trophies displayed on the table and wanted to sign up, so that is what he did. He was in the 3 and under category with four kids. He pedaled the tractor 26 feet 10 inches and placed third. He was was excited when he received the green participation ribbon and then was on cloud nine when he was called back up to accept his trophy. He did tell me, "Mom, I don't know why they put that thing on the back of the tractor, it made it hard." He cracks me up!
Friday, was the real Truck and Tractor Pull. Bradley talked about it all day and couldn't wait to leave the house to see it. Sometimes he is sensitive to loud sounds, so we borrowed a set of headphones and then went to buy some for Jaxson. Of course, when we got to the store, they only had pink headphone left. Bradley decided he wanted to wear the pink head phones, I think Dan was a little embarrassed.
Saturday, the boys and I headed out for the final night of the fair. The dirt bike races were in the grandstands and Bradley couldn't wait to see them, all day he had been asking how long until they started. We watched those until, Jaxson couldn't stay in one area any longer, then it was out to the midway. We met up with his friends Owen, Madison (aka Sissy), and Peyton; whom he had been riding rides with all week. We took a short break for some ice cream and dancing at the free stage tent.
Bradley, Madison, and Peyton enjoying their ice cream.
Jaxson spent most of the fair in his stroller. The only ride that he did not bring him to tears when he sat down on it was the carousel. I am hoping he will experience more enjoyment during the fair next year.
Whew! After all that, we are exhausted!


No comments:
Post a Comment