Thursday, July 12, 2012

My Challenge to Myself: Sidewalk Chalk Paint

Today, I decided to do my craft activity with the boys for the week. I am not sure why I chose today, I am trying to get ready for my mom coming in tonight, organizing things for fair, other monotonous chores, oh and the boys didn't get much of a nap because the smoke detectors started to intermittently go off about a half hour after they laid down.
So the boys were ridiculously crabby, but we decided to make sidewalk chalk paint anyways, it was fun and easy.

This what it looked like after a few brushes went through it. It made a neat picture, I thought.

So what I found on a Pinterest, it looked like using a muffin pan was the best option and I had an old one the was perfect for crafts. Bradley put 1/4 cup of cornstarch in each muffin cup, then he put 1/3 cup of water in each up and added food coloring appropriately.


We used a spoon for each muffin cup, if you have ever made oobleck or glurch, it was a little "gunky" to stir at first. I started it and Bradley finished the stirring.



It was so easy, and even Jaxson tried to paint with it. It worked better when you painted it in the sunny area. It took a while to dry in the shady areas. It was the start of Bradley's name, no I wasn't advertising for a mom bra.

No comments:

Post a Comment